In the early Autumn of 2007, the KGA emerged as a concept of our founder, Ahmed Khan, to bring businesses and community groups from across the District together under the auspices of a charitable, membership organisation.
On 1st November 2007, people from a range of interested Kirklees-based businesses were invited to come together to shape, co-ordinate and take the KGA forwards. Those people ultimately went on to form the original KGA Board of Trustees and Advisers.
The KGA was incorporated on 6th February 2008 as a not-for-profit membership organisation with the following Objects:
- To facilitate, promote and support regeneration activities in the Kirklees Region;
- To bring together a cross-section of enterprises on a not-for-profit basis to share knowledge, skills and expertise with a view to improving the social economic and business community in the Kirklees Region;
- To encourage the development of philanthropy and and corporate social responsibility of businesses in Kirklees to help facilitate regeneration activities, in particular by contributing funding, time, expertise and other valuable resources;
- To do such other things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the Objects referred to at 1. to 3. above.
The KGA was launched at Bagden Hall Country House Hotel on 17th September 2008 with words of support and encouragement from HRH Prince Charles and Digby, Lord Jones of Birmingham, Minister for Trade and Investment.
The information below is required by the Electronic Commerce (EC Directive) Regulations 2002 and Companies Act 1985:
- KGA is a trading name of Kirklees Grantmakers Alliance.
- KGA is a limited by guarantee company, with registration number 06498667.
- Our registered office address is Revell Ward LLP, 30 Market Street, Huddersfield, Kirklees, West Yorkshire, HD1 2HG.
- Our contact address is the same as the registered office address.
- Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Board Members & Advisers